Brookins Consulting's eZ Publish Core Contributions
Brookins Consulting has a long term extensive history of proposed and accepted upstream improvements in the form of work product contributions in both code and documentation form to the eZ Systems' eZ Community of Software (eZ Publish, eZ Platform).
eZ Publish 5 CMS Core Contributions
- Implemented: EZP-23095: (Re?)Introduce a way to skip the confirmation mail sent upon user registration. Updated
- Implemented: EZP-23343: Add support for IPv6 addresses and address ranges to DebugByIP feature in eZDebug class to enable debug output
- Fix EZP-23421: Add support for static cache handler system in rss import cronjob part
- EZP-24292: Extract template operator(s) do not work correctly with utf8 strings
- Fix EZP-24311: Clarify the differences between ezpublish-community and ezplatform repositories in README.md documentation
- Fix EZP-24312: Default installation content results in 404 errors
- EZP-27092: Remove eZAutoLink operator usage of preg_replace and PREG_REPLACE_EVAL
- Implemented: EZP-23289: Add view parameter support to layout module views
eZ Publish : eZ Tags
- EZP-24138: Fix eZ Tags missing schema sql required for multilanguage postgresql support
- EZP-24138: Fix eZ Tags missing schema sql required for postgresql support
eZ Publish : Community : BC CIE
Brookins Consulting maintains this product. Most of our work was previously not in individual pull request.
- Fix parser handler include path and add missing handler cs
- Added additional datatype export handlers and related documentation
- Added ezbirthday datatype support
eZ Publish : Community : wkhtmltopdf
eZ Publish 5 : Community : NetgenEnhancedSelectionBundle
- Default installation typos
- Legacy feature support in new stack user siteaccess usage
- Add default support for sorting options by priority
- Expanded bundle documentation
eZ Publish : Community : NXC Social Networks
- Implemented: Url link shorten handler workflow event option drop down menu
- Implemented: Message handler system and workflow event option drop down menu
- Implemented: License and Documentation Improvements
- Implemented: Url link shorten handler plugin system
eZ Publish : Community : OW Simple Operator
- Implemented: Added settings and code to provide for ini setting to disable debug output
- Implemented: Single, Global eztemplateautoload.php Include
- Updated: Bugfix for duplicate php function support code being run+
- Implemented: Ini settings based custom template operator configuration
- PHP Function Support, Extended Documentation and UTF8 Settings
eZ Publish : Community : SQLi Import
- Implemented: Support for static cache handler system
- Implemented: Support for static cache delay to cronjob feature
eZ Publish : Community : NL Cronjobs
eZ Publish : Community : eZ Change Class
eZ Publish : Community : AdminAid
eZ Publish : Community : Apidoc.ez.no
eZ Publish 3 CMS Core Contributions
- Improved RFC Support For User Email Address Authentication. GMail Style Email Address Plus Tag support added into eZ Publish 3.10 (and backported to version branches 3.9 and 3.8)
- Improved Package Manager : Content Class Importing. Refactoring package manager system fixing features for customer requests and added into eZ Publish 3.10 (and backported to version branches 3.9 and 3.8)
- Improved Package Manger : Content Default Import Value Storage. Refactoring the package manager system fixing the accuracy of importing all content of type boolean including default values for customer requests and added into eZ Publish 3.10 (and backported to version branches 3.9 and 3.8)
- Improved Section Based Policy Restrictions for Subscription Content. Refactoring internals of kernel errors for default features for customer request and added into eZ Publish 3.10
eZ Publish 3 CMS Extension Contributions
- eZ Authorize - Created and distributed by Brookins Consulting. eZ Authorize provided a completely functional out of the box solution to accept credit card payments through the service Authorize.net. This software provided North American eZ Publish Commerce websites payment acceptance solutions with minimal setup. It was well received by the community at large and frequently used all over the internet where e-commerce stores are using eZ Publish.
- eZ GPG - Created and distributed by Brookins Consulting. eZ GPG provided a easy to use solution to encrypt and decrypt information within eZ Publish out of the box. It too was well received by the community at large and included in others derived works (other separate eZ Publish extensions). The functionality eZ GPG provides was also at a later point in time shortly after it's release was made a optional dependency to eZ Authorize extension and used to provide encryption and storage of information. This allowed customers of the store to store payment information on-site in the eZ database for later reuse (Ie: Re-Order, Subscriptions, Etc)).
- In October 2007 eZ Systems published Brookins Consulting's next article ' How to Use eZ Publish Extensions: Google Analytics' on ez.no.
- In January 2007 eZ Systems published Brookins Consulting's article ' Installing an eZ Publish Payment Gateway' on ez.no. In May 2007 our article was nominated for the 2007 eZ award, 'Publication of the Year'.
Brookins Consulting supports the Ecosystem's continued development of user, administrator and software developer documentation through eZpedia.
Brookins Consulting has contributed to the eZ Community so long some of our valuable code contributions no longer have web accessible resources (from older eras of the web) including private cvs repositories, private svn repositories, defunct public svn repositories, google code, mailing lists, community websites and so much more.
From each erra of eZ (v2, v3, v4, v5, v6) there have been key contributions made by Brookins Consulting.
While older resources fade from the web we continue to do our very best to continue to create for the people we care for most.